We're building the world's leading microbial genomics company. Want to help?
We use the science of the microbiome to enhance human health. We're a team of brilliant, friendly people changing the world. Come join us!
Our mission is to use big data to understand the human microbiome by giving consumers the power to learn about their bodies, perform experiments, and see how current research studies apply to them. µBiome was launched in 2012 after a crowdfunding campaign raised over $350,000 from citizen scientists. We are now funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and several other leading investors.
Looking forward to our world expansion, we're looking for Production Operations Engineers to join our engineering teams in Chile.
As a DBA you will be involved in the planning, design, development, testing and deployment of different database engines used by our internal teams. You will have an outstanding opportunity to be part of an international startup company with offices in Santiago and San Francisco.
The company has a varieté of solutions put in place, using: MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Python, JS. But there are pieces of infrastructure you should be aware of: Jenkins, ETL’s, Ansible, Nagios, ELK, Grafana, among others.
We need our engineers to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push science and technology to increase our understanding of the human microbiome.
- You are passionate about your craft and want to be surrounded by like-minded individuals.
- You’re familiar with Python (Flask), MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Ansible, AWS, Redis, SSH, fluent linux console, shell scripting.
- You like to learn new things and have a thirst for knowledge.
- You are a good communicator and know how to support non-technical users
- You have worked on or have knowledge about distributed systems and cloud computing in general.
- You value simplicity and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity.
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience.
- You have a positive attitude that exudes from all aspects of your work and demeanor.
- You can communicate both professionally and socially in English.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills, with an impeccable ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- You have extreme attention to detail and the ability to solve problems with limited guidance.
- You’re independent and goal-oriented. You will be given important projects, and need to be able to do it in a deadline driven environment with little to no supervision.
What we offer
- Unlimited vacation and sick days.
- Work from home.
- Flexible work hours.
- Healthy snacks.
- Plenty of space to park your bike or car.
- Your own hardware setup.
- Team workouts, events, and happy hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Meaningful equity.
We have a comfortable, easy-to-reach office in downtown Santiago. We have snacks, comfortable furniture, and flexible working hours. You can work from home, or come in to the office when you like. We believe that good employees are comfortable employees, so you do not need to dress up or log your hours. You are free to manage your work day, location, and times.
Acerca de uBiome
Our mission is to use big data to understand the human microbiome by giving users the power to learn about their bodies, perform experiments, and see how current research studies apply to them. — Perfil completo de uBiome