AmigoCloud is an international company that believes that Geospatial Technology should be accessible everywhere by everyone. It also believes in the future of Perú as our CEO and Co-founder was born in Perú and came to the United States. Now we have the opportunity to bring the best technical knowledge and experience back to Perú. As a team, it’s our goal to create the most advanced, geospatial platform in the world by leveraging the latest technologies, open data, and industry standards. To that end, we are building our team in the US and in Perú to be the technical experts in the industry.
This opportunity is for our Professional Services team in Lima, Perú. You will be required to work at our client’s office there, and to get a security clearance.
Required Experience with:
- Linux administration is a must
- Python. Django is a plus
- Git and GitHub/GitLab
- Web servers and SSL
- A background in Computer Science is preferred
- Web technologies and standards such as HTML, REST, CSS, JSON
- Web scraping is a plus
- Comfortable working directly with customers both onsite and remotely
You will have to learn:
- Microservices using kubernetes, docker, …
- Cloud storage with object, file, or block storage like S3, EBS, Ceph, Gluster, …
- Commercial cloud providers: Amazon, Google Compute Engine …
- Big data processing using MapReduce, Spark, Hadoop, …
What you will do when you start
- Setup accounts and security access
- Get a development environment running
- Learn the task management and iteration tools
- Integrate into the team, participate in daily meetings, reviews, and team responsibilities
- Meet with the clients and team to understand the client’s goals and the boundaries of the contract or license they have
At one month
- Write web scraper using Scrapy, BeautifulSoup
- Fix basic issues
- Able to help with server maintenance
- Communicate personal status and progress, clarify requirements, and participate in other discussions with the customer
- Work onsite with customers in Lima depending on their location
At 3-6 months
- Fix moderate issues
- Understand the deployment process and software stack
- Learn basic GIS terms and tools
- Work independently with our customers to meet their goals according to their contract or license agreement.
At 6-12 months
- Fix advanced issues
- Learn about bare metal vs microservice deployments
- Able to conduct code reviews with other developers
AmigoCloud provides many benefits. We offer a good pay, paid vacation, a great team to learn from, and lots of growth opportunity.
Our technology stack is large and varied. We work on everything from bare metal to cloud services. From small web services to integrate the latest open source libraries and technologies. Working at AmigoCloud allows you to interact will all parts of software development and work with the latest technologies.
Many of our employees have gone on to work for larger companies. For example two of our developers started working with us in Peru, and are now working for Google. As long as you meet the requirements, we can also work toward bringing you to the United States, if that is in your long-term goals.
Acerca de AmigoCloud
AmigoCloud has built the first truly collaborative mapping platform. Whether you have a team that is mapping assets in a particular area, or are adding geospatial intelligence to your own software, we can help. — Perfil completo de AmigoCloud