AmigoCloud believes that Geospatial Technology should be accessible everywhere by everyone. From the smallest company and town to the largest cities and global corporations, using AmigoCloud allows them to use geospatial data and technology to make informed decisions.
Our goal is to create the most advanced, geospatial platform in the world by leveraging the latest technologies, open data, and industry standards.
Now we have the opportunity to bring the best technical knowledge and experience back to Peru. We are working with two amazing projects alongside with the Defense and Interior departments to improve the way the Peruvian government collects their data.
- Self-motivated, passionate about DevOps, always learning new tricks
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix, including but not limited to RHEL, Ubuntu, or CentOS. Certification is an important plus. Basic networking, security and scripting languages experience (Bash, Python, etc)
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills applied to software and processes.
- Experience in relational database administration with PostgreSQL and/or MySQL, ideally in cluster mode and NoSQL solutions like Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Neo4j, etc
- Experience working with Docker containers, images, volumes, including building custom images
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Working knowledge setting up storage services like NFS, HDFS, Ceph, GridFS , etc.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in both Spanish and English
- Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) experience with tools like Jenkins
- Kubernetes experience, including the design, implementation, management, and orchestration of microservices and the building, upgrading, and configuration of clusters
- Experience with redundant storage systems. Etcd, Cyfe, etc… aware of the differences between block, file, and object storage.
- Experience with commercial cloud infrastructure: Amazon S3, Google Compute, etc…
- Experience building instrumentation dashboards using the ELK stack (Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana) from actual log format design to dashboard component configuration
- Good working knowledge of Internet protocols like HTTP, TLS, and TCP/IP and also file formats like JSON, YAML, XML, etc
- Experience coding in languages like Java, Scala or Go is a plus
- Very good foundations of IT security, cryptographic concepts and ideally experience performing penetration testing and IT auditing tasks
- Contribute to the design and implementation of service and infrastructure components
- Document service designs and operations via functional specifications and other documentation
- Collaborate with developers, other team members, and technical leads
- Responsible for deploying, managing and supporting development, pre-production and production environments for our core systems and services and the ones being integrated and build for our clients.
What we expect from you
There are three values we expect from our dev team: Communicating, Being Smart, and Getting Things Done. We require everyone be fluent in written and spoken English. Showing up for daily team conference calls, being available on instant messenger, keeping calendars and informing people when you will be out are all basic communication skills. We expect all of our developers to learn on the job and continually develop their skills. It doesn't matter how smart you are or how well you communicate if you don't get things done. Everyone is working hard to build a product to help our clients do their jobs and, in the end, the software must ship
- Unlimited Vacation - We do ask that you fulfill your responsibilities in a professional and honest manner
- Flexible Hours - We want you to be able to be there for the moments in life that are important rather than chained to an office
- Lots of growth opportunity (Many of our employees have gone on to work for larger companies like Google)
- Our technology stack is large and varied (from bare metal to cloud services and from small web services to integrate the latest open source libraries and technologies)
Acerca de AmigoCloud
AmigoCloud has built the first truly collaborative mapping platform. Whether you have a team that is mapping assets in a particular area, or are adding geospatial intelligence to your own software, we can help. — Perfil completo de AmigoCloud