Able is a team of designers and engineers that have started, grown, and sold technology companies. Now we pool our skills as a team to build a growing portfolio of businesses. We believe the future of investing will be driven by technical capability and that people with our skills shouldn't have to bet everything on the success of a single startup.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to mentor and help build our Lima engineering team. This person would be responsible for shaping it into an excellent form, by establishing sincere relationships with direct reports, supporting their career development needs, and fiercely contributing to the company growth.
What will be expected of you:
- Identify team member’s strengths and weaknesses, and nurture their skills to achieve their true potential
- Communicate company’s vision and strategy to the team and serve as a point of contact for any questions
- Encourage the team’s drive and empower them to achieve great deeds
- Exercise your technical skill set by coaching your direct reports in their career paths
- Help build the structure that will support scaling operations of the Engineering team
- Support hiring efforts, evangelize about the company and help us build Able’s brand in Lima
What you contribute:
- Empathy to care for your team’s needs as well as to advocate the right solutions for the company
- Superb communication skills that allow you to expose your ideas in a clear way
- Passion for collaborative problem solving and the willingness to challenge, debate and form relationships with team members
- You know what you don’t know, you have no problem admitting it, and you’re eager to do whatever it takes to address that gap
- A desire to improve Able’s product development practices and the experience to follow-through on implementation
- 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer or equivalent
- Previous experience coaching people to help them reach professional opportunities
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster
Here are some of our perks:
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive salary
- A MacBook to work with
- Payroll (bonus on July and December, CTS and vacations)
- English classes
- Health insurance
- Complimentary lunches
- Benefit reimbursements
- Annual reevaluation of base compensation
- Annual variable compensation based on individual and company performance
We believe that a diverse team brings extraordinary success and we have created a work environment geared towards work/life balance and happiness. Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.