We're building the world's leading microbial genomics company. Want to help?
We use the science of the microbiome to enhance human health. We're a team of brilliant, friendly people changing the world. Come join us!
Our mission is to use big data to understand the human microbiome by giving consumers the power to learn about their bodies, perform experiments, and see how current research studies apply to them. µBiome was launched in 2012 after a crowdfunding campaign raised over $350,000 from citizen scientists. We are now funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and several other leading investors.
Looking forward to our world expansion, we're looking for multiple Software Engineers to join our product engineering teams in Chile.
As a full-stack software engineer, you will be involved in the planning, design, development, testing and deployment of new and existing customer facing products. You will have an outstanding opportunity to be part of an international startup company with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Santiago.
You will be given important projects, and need to be able to do it in a deadline driven environment with little to no supervision. We guarantee that you will make an impact working on a small team with an extremely fast development cycle, driving projects from creation to deployment in just a few days. We need our engineers to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push science and technology to increase our understanding of the human microbiome.
- You are passionate about your craft and want to be surrounded by like-minded individuals.
- You like to ship software early and often.
- You collaborate well with others but are excited to own a big feature.
- You value simplicity and strive to eliminate unnecessary complexity.
- You have at least 3 years of professional programming experience.
- You have a positive attitude that exudes from all aspects of your work and demeanor
- You can communicate fluently both professionally and socially in English.
- You are comfortable working at all tiers of modern applications, from the front-end all the way to the database.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills, with an impeccable ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- You have extreme attention to detail and ability to solve problems with limited guidance.
- You design APIs and services that make difficult problems seem easy.
- You’re independent and goal-oriented.
What we offer
- Work from home.
- Flexible work hours.
- Healthy snacks and lunch.
- Plenty of space to park your bike or car.
- Your own hardware setup.
- Team workouts, events, and happy hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Meaningful equity.
We have a comfortable, easy-to-reach office in Providencia, Santiago. We have snacks, comfortable furniture, and flexible working hours. You can work from home, or come into the office when you like. We believe that good employees are comfortable employees, so you do not need to dress up or log your hours. You are free to manage your work day, location, and times.
Acerca de uBiome
Our mission is to use big data to understand the human microbiome by giving users the power to learn about their bodies, perform experiments, and see how current research studies apply to them. — Perfil completo de uBiome